I did not gain or lose anything at the end of week 7. Friday and Saturday were my worst days. I went over more than 1000 calories both those days. Probably my worst 2 days since I started this journey. I did alot of walking at the outlet mall Saturday morning, though. Does that count as exercise? :) Friday night was girls' night out. Sometimes, you just need to blow off some steam! I think the important thing is that I let that be my only time. I worked out 4 out of 7 days and really kept up with my water drinking.

Week 6 I lost 3 pounds!! I started trying to keep track of how many calories remained at the end of the day vs. how many I went over. I will not always do that and be that persnickety but I have wondered why I am not staying consistent on how much I lose and thought it might be helpful to see how I was doing, in that respect. Having my Polar Fitness watch, is really helping me see what exercises really work for me and which ones only do minimal work.
Week 5 taught me on Monday to have a snack BEFORE I go to a girlfriend's house if I know she will have snacks. The humongous blueberry muffin, and biscotti were calling me when my tummy was growling for a morning snack. It set me over for the day! I also noticed that that one bad decision led to a couple more that day. YUCK! My Wednesday night was a splurge, too. You will notice in week 6 and 7, I have totally moved on from Tacos to a chicken salad that I mix hot sauce and low fat ranch together over and it is quite good. I have also traded my Shiner beer (around 146 calories) in for a the Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus (at 95 calories) and drink fewer of them than I used to. 3 or 4 beers is now down to usually 1 and sometimes 2. I have had to start asking myself if it is really worth it. What is my committment? Once I ask myself that, it is easier to say no and pick a better alternative.
Keeping this journal, is keeping me accountable. I also keep it electronically on www.livestrong.com . It has been incredibly beneficial for me in staying on track. Not sure I will need to do it forever this way, but for now, it is great!
No comments:
Post a Comment