This is a spinach salad I had with bacon, strawberries and carrots. I chose the Kraft Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing which is only 35 calories for 2 tbsp.!! It was a great salad. Very tasty.
This is a Chicken Tortilla Chili from Pampered Chef I made that is only 220 calories a serving! I added a light cheese and tortilla strips for a total count of 365 calories. That was my whole meal. Because I snack healthy between meals this really did fill me up along with the liter of water I drank. The water, as you can see from my journal has become a staple in my diet! A great way to feel awesome!
So, good news!! I lost 0.8 pounds last week for a total of 3.8 pounds!! I was very excited to just go down and not up. It is girly time right now so I expected a small loss or no loss at all. I am glad the trend is consistent, at least. Below, are my journal entries for week 3. Monday, I was travelling and tried to be nice and let the kids have dessert but ended up sharing with them. Bleh! Sunday, I did go to a superbowl party and ate a bit much but did not gorge myself, like I used to do. I kept it simple, other than my drink choices. The Bud Lime was good, though. AND less calories than Shiner! Anywho, it was a pretty good week, all in all. I think, for the most part, my biggest strugglw is getting everyone else in the competition to want it as much as I do. To realize what you have to literally give up and let go of that ruins an eating healthy habit. It is hard feeling like the only truly serious one.
My next challenge comes with working out at home with my children around. I find it is hard to really focus, at times, because they want to be doing things in that short 45 minutes I need to really work out. We also are having Wii trouble. I think it is about to poop out on me. That will be bad! That is 99% of my workout fun. AND Rush will do that with me and dance around and have fun and keep me from having to be sure he and Rory are not doing anything they shouldn't be. This is VERY frustrating for me. I need to develop patience and come to grips with the reality of it, though. Something is better than nothing and I am doing something, in the end, I suppose.


No comments:
Post a Comment