Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm all in!

So, it is a new year, my hubby was home for R&R recently. He has lost around 30 pounds (who knows for sure...he never weighs himself. I can't stand that men do not do this.) We had a looooooooong talk about our health and habits while he was home. Wanting to avoid his family curse of diabetes and high blood pressure, my family curse of diabetes, high BP, and heart attack, we got real and honest about some of our habits. He is very serious about staying thinner and healthier and so am I. I do not want to suffer from all of these things. If we stay on that road, plain and simple, we will. So, while he finishes his overseas time, I have set out to try every healthy recipe, every fun workout, and re-teach myself how to live. It has come across my mind that just because something is available to you does not mean you are meant to eat it. I am counting calories...nothing else for now. I am keeping it simple using www.livestrong.com to track my success. I have been going for 2 and 1/2 weeks now and have lost 3 pounds!! I even started a Biggest Loser competition with the ladies in Cody's family. Carla, Catie, Bether, and Gran are all in and whoever loses 20 pounds (or more) wins $200 on June 1st. I need to drop, at least, 25-30 pounds to be at my goal body type. I weighed 145 when I got married, I started this competition at 175.4. Last weeks weigh in had me at 172.4. I have been tracking daily and my wonderful husband even bought me a Polar Fitness Watch to help me track how many calories I burn when I work out. I love it!! It has helped me learn how much I actually have to do to get my heart rate up in the target zone and really be sure I am burning something!! I have been doing Just Dance and Zumba on my Wii....also great fun!! I burn anywhere from 375 to even 536 calories in an hour! Just from moving my body around! I copied a motto of a young girl I read about in a magazine at the start of all this and it is this..."Either you're in, or you're out!" I am not into dieting, I want a lifestyle change. Stay tuned for my food journal entries (and mistakes), delicious food pics, and general updates on how it all goes.

1 comment:

Molly Ann said...

I am so proud of you! You can totally do this!

I have some great recipes that I can send that are easy and healthy. Also, you should look at some of my Shaklee weight loss stuff. I am with you...I don't think you need to be on a full out diet, but having some soy protein for a healthy meal replacement might be good to have around. I love my shakes when I am not super hungry but I know I need to eat something.

Mix:
Cinch Vanilla Soy
1 cup frozen berries
1 cup skim milk
a handful of spinach

It's so good and you can't taste the spinach...it just adds some good greens!

Check it out:

http://sylestine.myshaklee.com/us/en/category.php?main_cat=WeightManagement

Love you and miss you!